- Rental agreement: By booking Waimarama Fishing Lodge you agree to abide by these terms.
- Booking and payment: When you make a booking request, we will contact you to confirm arrangements. We love being hospitable but reserve the right to decline a booking for any reason.
If your booking request is accepted, we’ll ask you to pay a deposit by credit card or direct transfer to our account. This will be no less than 50% of the total payment due for your stay according to our rental rates and charges, which you can see here. Your booking is not confirmed until we receive your deposit.
Payment for the balance of your stay is due on or before arrival, also by charge to your credit card or direct transfer. If you pay by direct transfer, we will still require your credit card details to cover any incidental costs of your stay. Don't be offended but If you have not stayed with us before, we will ask for proof of identity before confirming your booking.
- Cancellations: We're sorry, but if you cancel at any time after paying your deposit, it will be non-refundable. However, if when cancelling you reschedule to another confirmed booking, we are happy to carry your deposit forward against that.
If you cancel with less than two weeks’ notice from the start of your stay, we may charge your credit card with a cancellation fee equivalent to 2 nights rental for your party or the balance of the total due for your stay, whichever is the lesser.
- Number of occupants: We'd love to say, "The more the merrier", but have to limit the number of occupants in the Lodge house to 6 and in the cottage to 2. Tents and caravans in the grounds are also not permitted… no cheating!
- Children: Time away with the kids can be fun but Waimarama isn’t really set up for very small children. One of the Lodge house bedrooms has two single beds that can cater for kids who are older. If you do come with your children, have a great time but look out for them.
- Arrivals and departures: Not before 2pm on the date of arrival or after 11am on the date of departure. Depending on other bookings, early arrival and/or late departure can be arranged, but could involve an extra charge. Before you arrive we’ll tell you how to access the key lock box on site, so that you can unlock the property.
- Telephone and internet: Most guests use their own cell phones so the land line telephone in the Lodge is toll barred. Local calls are free. We hope that you will enjoy some tranquility and calm during your stay but if you can’t survive without those emails, complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the Lodge house, subject to reasonable use. We'll provide you with details of the Wi-Fi password before arrival.
- Smoking and open fires: The owners enjoy a cigar with the best of them but make a point of doing so only outside. So, strictly no smoking indoors and take care please with cigarettes, matches, etc, outside. Not everyone is used to an open wood fire. There is an open fireplace in both the Lodge house and the cottage. Care should be taken in laying and lighting open fires, especially to avoid lit wood and embers falling from the fireplace onto the carpet. Please use the fireguard at all times. If embers cause damage, rule 10 applies!
- Pets: Unfortunately, one person’s pet is another person’s allergy so we have to say no pets I’m afraid, even outside.
- Damage to or loss from the Lodge: There is really only one basic rule. If you break it, take it or lose it, you have to pay for it. Same if you leave the place in a mess of if any special cleaning is required. You agree that we may charge your credit card with all damage repair costs, replacement costs and extra cleaning costs that arise from your visit. We will advise you of these before charging your card.
- Injury or loss to you and to us: If you are hurt or suffer loss or damage while in residence, we have no liability. These things are down to you entirely. Take care of yourself, your family and guests, and your possessions. If you are not on the premises at any time during your stay, be sure to lock up; both the Lodge House and cottage can be deadlocked and alarmed. If we lose anything because you leave the place insecure during your stay, rule 10 applies and our insurers are likely to chase you!
- Cleaning Fish: We enjoy the preparation of the catch as much as anyone, but fish must not be cleaned in the house or the cottage. The smoke house immediately behind the house has a bench area for this, but must be cleaned after each use in the interests of hygiene. Dispose of fish remains carefully. These should not, under any circumstances, be left or placed in the river. Wrap them in newspaper and put them out with the household rubbish (see rule 14 below).
- Outbuildings: Apart from the smoke house and the cottage (if let for your stay), access to outbuildings is not permitted. Although it sounds strange, for safety’s sake the smoke house should not be used to smoke fish, and alternative arrangements for this can be made with a professional smoke house in Taupo.
- Rubbish disposal: We ask that if you are in residence on a Tuesday you put out your rubbish for collection. Official yellow rubbish bags are supplied. They should be firmly secured and left at the roadside, outside the Lodge gate. Bottles and other recyclables should be left in the same place in the small green bin that is beside the barbecue. All of this is just in case you miss such little domestic chores!
- Library: This is a special element of the Lodge. Our requests concerning the library are set out in a summary on the sideboard in the library itself. Generally we ask that you use and enjoy the library, but leave it as you found it. If you’d like to add to it, you are welcome to do so. Please don’t treat it as a lending library. When you go, the books stay, ok?
- Extra Linen and cleaning: The Lodge is thoroughly cleaned and the bedrooms and bathrooms dressed with fresh linen and towels before you arrive. A standard cleaning charge applies to each rental, however if you need the place cleaned or fresh linen or towels provided during your stay, that can be arranged at your request, but an additional charge applies.